Monday, May 17, 2010

Clement's Prawn and Pasta Salad

Here is a recipe that comes from my friend Clement who lives in Australia and is in training to become a chef. He made this up on the spot at my request and it was a huge success at my get-together tonight!

(I made quite a lot, so these levels of ingredients can be altered to suit your taste....)

2 lb Tri-color rotini
approx. 2 lb Prawns (Shrimp) small
1/2 pint Sour cream
1 Red capsicum (sweet red bell pepper)
1 small Red onion
3 cloves Garlic (cored)
1 large handful of cilantro (fresh coriander)
a bit of parsley
1 small lime
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Preparation couldn't be easier.... Cook the noodles al dente, cook the shrimp. While these are on the stove, slice and chop the pepper and onion finely, and core and mince the garlic. Roughly chop the herbs. Soften the sour cream and mix it with the noodles, shrimp, vegetables and herbs all together in a large bowl. Start with half the lime and squeeze it in, tasting as you go until you reach the desired citrus level. Season to taste, and Voila! You're done.

I put mine in the refrigerator and we had it cold, but I'm sure it would be delicious warm also!

Have fun, Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Where's the picture? We have standards on this blog, you know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There ya go, I couldn't get it to load earlier.... I figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also might want to mention.. you slightly warm the sour cream to soften it enough for mixing ;)

    ... that sounded oddly sensual =S

    ReplyDelete